I wanted to send a message to all our KDA Members today to offer support during the current health crisis. This is a tough time for our BIA and businesses. We continue to be committed to marketing our area and supporting businesses.
We will be making the necessary changes in our own office to support our staff and volunteers. We commit to providing as much information as we can to our members to find the resources to operate during this difficult time. For your convenience our web site has been updated to include a COVID-19 resource area for everyone.
As a proactive measure we will cancel all Kingsway District Associations events until further notice.
These events include:
- Committee Meetings
- Crime and Homelessness Meeting
- Coffee with Cops events
- Lunch and Learn – April 29th
- Community Resource Fair / Multi-Business Mixer – May 7th
We have created this page with additional resources for your personal and business needs. If you have any addition resources to share, please forward to email@example.com.
The KDA understands that all businesses will face challenges and at this time we would like to encourage you to be neighbourly and supportive of each other. We want to encourage calm, compassion and understanding as we look for ways to operate during this difficult, unpredictable time.
If our office can be of any service, or if you have adjusted your hours, please let us know so we can share your information on our social media and other outlets.
Kingsway District Association
- City of Edmonton: https://www.edmonton.ca/business-economy.aspx
Alberta Health Services
- Alberta Health Services: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16944.aspx
- Government of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
- AB Self Isolation Info Sheet: https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/health-self-isolation-information-sheet.pdf
- Business Link: https://businesslink.ca/
- Canada Government – Resources for Businesses: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/business/maintaingrowimprovebusiness/resources-for-canadian-businesses.html
- Canada Government – Economic Response Resource: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html
- Government of Canada (regarding travel): https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
- Government of Canada Guidance Documents: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/guidance-documents.html
- GOC – Temporary Wage Subsidy FAQ: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/campaigns/covid-19-update/frequently-asked-questions-wage-subsidy-small-businesses.html#h5
- Planning for COVID (A guide for businesses and organizations): https://www.bceda.ca/docs/Planning_for_Coronavirus-A_guide_for_businesses_and_organizations.pdf
- Travel Alberta: https://industry.travelalberta.com/news-media/industry-news/2020/02/coronavirus
- OHS Information for employers, supervisors, and workers: https://ohs-pubstore.labour.alberta.ca/bh022
- WCB Worker Fact Sheet: https://wcb.ab.ca/assets/pdfs/workers/WFS_COVID-19.pdf
- WCB Employer Fact Sheet: https://wcb.ab.ca/assets/pdfs/employers/EFS_COVID-19.pdf
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business: (COVID & Small Business): https://www.cfib-fcei.ca/en/small-business-resources-dealing-covid-19
- COVID1- Small Business Survival Guide: https://www.canadaone.com/topics/crisis_management/covid-10-business-survival-guide.html
- BDC Support for entrepreneurs https://www.bdc.ca/en/pages/special-support.aspx?special-initiative=covid19&fbclid=IwAR2U7lHSjhK_GE6ATuXEyS4JoZYMbMMgvQ88SbOvXgPu2Ii748DHiK2U9vY
- AGLC – Liquor Off Sales: https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/tbf-liquor-off-sales-factsheet.pdf